“What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.”
Pericles (circa 495-429 BCE)
Live an Epic, Odyssey adventure; as one of Ancient Greece’s greatest thinkers in this new Sandbox, Tabletop experience. Forge your destiny in an age of city states and ancient wisdom. In Philosophia, you will build schools, battle it out in public debates, learn profound wisdom and make deals with the Olympic Gods. All in an attempt to prove yourself the greatest mind of the era.
The goal in Philosophia is to gain three Labyrinth Tokens before the ancient Greek World is superseded by the Romans. There are many different paths you can take to do this; from building schools dedicated to your teachings, to locking yourself away in temples to develop your ideas. All players who gain 3 Labyrinth tokens will finish the game with a tense final public debate; exchanging Sophistry and Syllogistic arguments until one thinker is crowned the greatest. Good luck!
Philosophia, has been carefully designed to be a replay-able game with premium components. Visit philosophiagame.com to learn more.
Game Play.Philosophia is a turn based game, on your turn you will move and then take one action, limiting downtime, with no upkeep phases. Being a sandbox experience there are many things you can do:
- You can build a following in your current region of ancient Greece (9 of these unlocks a Labyrinth Token).
- You can hire builders and build schools dedicated to your teachings (4 schools unlock a Labyrinth Token)
- You can research your ideas in Greek temples to unlock ancient wisdom cards (3 of these unlock a Labyrinth Token).
- You can visit Oracles to gain special unique powers using a card drafting mechanic.
- You can gain the favour of Athena goddess of wisdom by winning a blind auction.
And much more, the game features 13 actions and over 30 unique paths to victory!
The game will end in a tense final debate utilising a unique twist on the Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock mechanic. Where you will use the Syllogism and Sophistry cards you have gained throughout the game to find out who is the greatest mind of the era!